Thursday, August 6, 2009

PUTTING MY FOOT DOWN. I usually don't try to dwell on anything negative or argumentative, but I'm a tad annoyed. Here I am a young passionate, insightful, dedicated lover of all things fashion struggling to stay a float in this industry, when what do I have to be faced with daily? The quickly approaching ridiculousness of celebrity lines. I mean really give me a fucking break! Miley Cyrus and Max Azria??? Hilary Duff??? I can agree with any one pursing their dreams and passions, but God usually gives one really good talent. If your an actor, singer, athlete, or a damn magician, then that's your direction. All it does is saturate the industry with less than honest true designers and make it diffucult for real artists to break in. There are some exceptions to this rule. i.e. Pharell's Billlionaire Boys Club, Gwen Stefani;s L.A.M.B, and even what Kanye has done with LV and Nike. It's genuine and reflects real views of the artist. Everyone else stick to what you know, because I know my jump shot needs work.

1 comment:

  1. Yea celeb clothing lines suck. Dereon in particular.

    ReplyDelete

STYLE OR DYE





STYLE OR DYE


Followers

About Me

My photo
A complicated indiviual with a simple objective. Bring the vision from the spinning wheels in my head to the masses. Fashion is the insulin in my diabetic world.