Monday, April 6, 2009

Confuse me?? Okay, I have to speak on this subject because the general public seems to be confused. I have noticed several posts, magazine editorials, television segments etc, about fashion icons. When did Rihanna, Vanessa Hudgens, and Nicole Richie become icons??? Please understand something, I LOVE these three ladies, and believe they have done great things to Influence current fashion. However there are major differences between an influence and an icon. 1. You have to be alive for a certain amount of years to be considered iconic. 2. Being a stylist, I know that their is someone who plays a major part in creating an image that works for them... they are called stylists. 3. Fashion is a recycling bin. Have we forgotten people like Janet Jackson, Cyndi Lauper, and even Prince ever existed?

3 comments:

  1. So tru. Preach sister. The industry really throws that word around too loosely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to be the first to comment on this subject. I respect people who want to be different but now it a TREND to be different. How does that even make sense? Now these people are becoming icons and being copied even though the goal to be different to begin with. I'm confused and my head hurts. I gotta lay down. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I didn't even know who Vanessa Hudgens was lol. But you are absolutely right!

    ReplyDelete

STYLE OR DYE





STYLE OR DYE


Followers

About Me

My photo
A complicated indiviual with a simple objective. Bring the vision from the spinning wheels in my head to the masses. Fashion is the insulin in my diabetic world.